Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Foundation of natural of right,

J. G. FICHTE
Only through a certain determinate way of acting does there emerge a certain determine object; concept does not exist without object. Object and concept are one the same, the concept and its object never separated, nor can be. For ordinary people, from point of view of common consciousness, there are only object and no concept; the concept disappears in the object and concedes with it.

The concept of right should be an original concept of pure reason. I conceive myself as rational I, e, free. In doing so the representation of freedom is in me. In the same undivided action, I simultaneously conceive other free beings. Thus through my imagination I describe a sphere for freedom the several beings share. I do not ascribe to myself all the freedom I have conceived, because I conceive other free beings as well and must ascribe to them a part of this freedom.
In appropriating freedom for myself I limit myself by leaving some freedom for other as well. Thus the concept of right is the concept of the necessary relation of free being to one another. It is necessary that every free being assume the existence of others of its kinds outside itself; but it is not necessary that the all continue to exist alongside one another as free being.
M. Sarjov

No comments: